Saturday, June 18

Getting back to Reading



How much have I missed reading, I myself had no idea until I resolved on Dec 31 2010 to get back to reading. I celebrated my new years eve reading. Totally worth it. 
Been lazy, occupied or whatever be the reason, once someone who could not sleep without reading at least one chapter, no matter how tired or sleepy; and coming to not reading a single book in months, I felt ashamed of myself.
I could blame Twitter easily for that, but no. Its my own fault.

The abandoned Book Shelf cleaned and adorned for the picture.
However, I have decided to go back to reading. :)
Over last five months I have read some books
  • The Choice- Nicholas Sparks
  • 100 Selected Stories- O'Henry
  • White Tiger- Arvind Adiga
  • Bombay Rains, Bombay Girls- Anirban Bose
  • Highway on my Plate- Rocky Singh and Mayur Sharma
  • Man, Woman and Child- Eric Segal (again)
  • Right Ho Jeeves- P.G. Wodehouse (currently reading)

I know its not enough to be boasted about, but seeing the track record of my past one year ( I'd rather refer to it as lost one year), it isn't bad start to get back on the track.
Special Mention to White Tiger which I read in less than 10 hours while traveling on a long route, so that makes me feel happy. Bombay Rains, Bombay Girls, too, was half read en-route, and the rest half lingered on for days, which I feel bad about.
Thank God for Flipkart.
Next books in queue are Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay. 
Given my love for the show, I am definitely going to read the whole series, no matter how many years it must take. :D Fingers crossed.



8 Obiter Dicta (Comment here):

Anonymous said...

You mentioned some of my favorite books there. I loved White Tiger plus NS is one of fav. writers. His books are simple yet leave a deep impact. Good luck reading.

Intern said...

I havnt reach much either! my list is pretty much less than urs :D
and.. the white tiger.. good eh?
im always ambiguous of it and seem to chose the other book when having a choice btw white tiger and 'another book' :P

Richa said...

@ the Lover,
I din't quiet like WT. I found it was over hyped.
and NS, I find difficult reading romance. :D
But i completed it anyhow. :)

Richa said...

@ Shimmer,
Honestly, I would say, WT is pretty over hyped. Please to continue choosing other books over it :D

Unknown said...

Now you've made me feel guilty :( a feeling, which i was avoiding since a long time by not thinking about it.

Anwesa said...

I love your cleaned up cabinet :P

And I'm reading fiction too - making good use of vella time :P

Rià said...

Oh wow...happy reading dear. :)

rohit said...

An enjoyable read Bombay Rains, Bombay Girls by Anirban Bose. loved the way you wrote it. I find your review very genuine and original, this book is going in by "to read" list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...