Thursday, January 15

Words of Wisdom



Just received an email from a friend. He isn't a very close friend neither one who I am constantly in contact with , but somehow he knows when I need advice and without even asking or telling him, he manages to tell me things in the right time in the right manner. Here are a few words of wisdom from the email:
  • When the ego is gone, the whole individuality arises in its crystal purity.The ego represents the social conditioning and constraints a person has accumulated since birth, creating false needs that are in conflict with the real self. all tensions arise out of ego ... all anxiety, anguish, despair, frustration.
  • you were born naked, you still smiled at people you dint know, you dint care if u had no clothes on. people loved you and u loved them back, you never cared about what you had and what you dint.
  • every subsequent need, want, desire was what you created.....eventually we all aspire for more money, more land and more and more.......I'd never say that we should not.....we should surely be focused to earn n succeed but all I'm saying is that failures in finances, love or family shouldn't deter us.
  • don't look for acceptance from people, just accept yourself, love yourself and smile.

This post is a dedication to Monty, a friend, a mentor. He may not read this post, he may not reach this blog, but I want to tell myself that I value him and I am glad to have him around. Thank you Buddy Smile18.com



11 Obiter Dicta (Comment here):

Jagjit said...

Some great wisdom here. I am sure the Monty in question is not the Monty who was back with a vengeance a few months ago. And yeah, totally true that needs and desires are what we go on creating for ourselves... but that's how it goes. otherwise one might be left out. no?

Anonymous said...

i loved the second point so much.. now am gonna type my posts baring all.

Anwesa said...

sum gud things here...nice read.

Phoenix said...

i love the being born naked point.. its actually very valuable... :) i loved it!!makes sense...

Pranav Kumar V said...

ummm... firstly, have you finished reading The Fountainhead?? Well, if so, the first point was a definite contradiction!! I am an egoist to the core!! And when we were born naked, neither you nor the people who looked at you had evil in their minds!! And you DEFINITELY did not know what EGO was then!! Yeah yeah, different people... different views... and we all believe in ourselves... good... peace...

see you when I see you... :)

Me said...

Well Monty for sure is a great friend :)

I loved all the gyaan in his mail...

BTW, You reading THE FOUNTAINHEAD?
Its my first read and one of my favs...do let me knw hw did u find it? Coz it is full of egos and objectivism...

Gauri Mathur said...

Nice:-)
Cheers!!

Arjun said...

I very much agree with the first point... :)
Good that u made a post out the e-mail.. Was nice to read..

Btw, i've updated ma blog.. :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Kartz said...

Thought provoking words there... Very.

Peace.

Praveen said...

hey,,ask ur friend to write a book..
those words were just awesome

Mahul Bhattacharya said...

Very nice Philosopher friend u got here.
Nice words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...