Friday, July 4

A letter to a Father



Helping my cousin for her holidays homework, I accidentally created a poem regarding the curse of dowry. It turned out to be a nice one so I decided to put it up here. Its my first work so I dont feel bad about it being kiddish and moreover this has to be expected out of a 13 yr old mind..


Oh my dear father,
All of my life, you have taken my care,
When ever I needed you, you have always been there.

Now is the time to bid goodbye to your daughter,
But please don’t send me away to get slaughter.

The groom’s family asks for the dowry that will one day become a curse,
If only they never got satisfied, you will have to keep filling on their purse.

And if you fail to do so oh dear father,
They would either purposely kill or burn me down rather.

Car, jewellery, cash call for a celebration,
Human beings have lost their importance, this is beyond imagination.

Please find me a family, who will love me,
And who will not looking to sell their son for your money.

They will always keep me happy and gay,
And this will make me proudly say..
I love you dear father.


0 Obiter Dicta (Comment here):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...